Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Starbucks Day

So. I spent three or four hours at Starbucks and got a fair amount of work done.

I find I can't just sit for six, eight, ten hours and work.
I get antsy after a while.
I'm not really a sit-down-and-stick-to-it sort of person. Lazy. I'm going to have to pull myself up on that.

A freelance writer of fiction can't be lazy. Now that I have an agent (Jo pauses to appreciate the wonder of that all over again) I can't afford to be unprofessional.

Finished the Chapter Three final plotting draft version of JESSAMYN and moved on to Chapter Four.


That reminds me, I must drop into Books and Writers Community and respond to a question about 'distance' in representing POV. Fortunately, I think I can direct her to some spots on the web that discuss this. No need to reinvent the wheel.

My computer has stopped writing CDs.
Damned piece of crap, the Sony VAIO.

It did this before, back in June I think it was, and I had to send the laptop to the factory and they kept it for a month. I HATE being without my computer. (jo in a snit.)

Probably no choice. Sigh. I'll call the technical folks about it. Maybe it's the driver. Wouldn't that be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment