Thursday, November 03, 2011

Best Historical Romance -- Romantic Times Nominees

Romantic Times reviews such wonderful books every year.  Some books, they nominate for awards. See here.

I think of the RT nominees as the 2011 tack-down-and-buys.  Every one is a book of merit. It's like a Who's Who of Excellent Romance Writers.


The reason you're seeing this list is the name at the bottom is I'm among the nominees for Best Historical Romance of the Year. 
*cough*


RT NOMINEES FOR BEST HISTORICAL ROMANCE



NEVER A GENTLEMAN Eileen Dreyer, FOREVER, (April 2011) 

TAKEN BY THE PRINCE, Christina Dodd, SIGNET SELECT, (April 2011) 

AN AFFAIR WITHOUT END, Candace Camp, POCKET STAR, (April 2011)

 NOWHERE NEAR RESPECTABLE, Mary Jo Putney, ZEBRA, (May 2011) 

ELEVEN SCANDALS TO START TO WIN A DUKE'S HEART, Sarah MacLean, AVON, (May 2011) 
WHEN PASSION RULES, Johanna Lindsey, GALLERY, (June 2011)

BY HIS MAJESTY'S GRACE, Jennifer Blake, MIRA, (August 2011) 

UNCLAIMED, Courtney Milan, HQN, (October 2011) BOND OF PASSION, Bertrice Small, NAL, (October 2011)
 LADY SOPHIE'S CHRISTMAS WISH , Grace Burrowes, SOURCEBOOKS, (October 2011) 

THE NORSE KING'S DAUGHTER Sandra Hill, AVON, (October 2011) 

THE BLACK HAWK Joanna Bourne, BERKLEY SENSATION, (November 2011)


ONLY ONE CAN WIN



19 comments:

  1. Ellie C7:22 PM

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I am in wonderful company on that list. Such great writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 PM

    There are some great books in there, but you should win hands down.
    Er, who makes the final pick? Can we humble readers vote or something? (I love the lobsters)
    DLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! Congratulations! You --and Black Hawk-- most certainly deserve it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm picturing Hawker picking up the award with his usual insouciance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the nomination. That's a great way to start off November if I say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well -- I would like to win, but I'm certainly not expecting it.

    This is another case of -- 'the nomination is the win.' I am made all warm and happy with this nomination rather than anticipating a win or a not-win.

    It's pure pleasure, this. I would be delighted to see any of my favorite writers win.

    Now I will admit I do not know how this winning and losing is decided. I think all the RT reviewers get together and there's this big pit full of slippery mud and . . .

    Maybe that's not Exactly how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I enjoyed it so much, thank you for your wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so flattered by this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOO-HOO! Crossing my fingers for you, because I so want Adrian...er, I mean you...to win! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:55 AM

    HJ

    I'm not surprised! I've been revelling in the marvelousness that is The Black Hawk. It's well up to your usual high standard. Congratulations both on the book and on the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Jo

    Hope you win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Jo!
    Giggling at the lobsters...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christine12:39 PM

    Congratulations! This is a wonderful honor and very richly deserved! The Black Hawk is a sublime read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the midst of much frantickness -- all of it having to do with this promotion stuff -- the RT nomination remains a long, warm glow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations. Adrian won the judges over.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've found the RT people to be use uniformly supportive, not just of me, but of the genre altogether.

    So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jo, what fabulous news! :)

    ReplyDelete