Friday, November 20, 2009

Technical Topics -- Bibliographies . . . French Revolution History

I was thinking I'd add a
'Useful Bibliography of the History of France, with particular attention to the period of the French Revolution and the Age of Napoleon'
on the off chance that this would prove interesting to somebody, someday.

So the bibliography is here , at LibraryThing.


A different kinda bibliography exists here.

This latter bibliography is about one third useful resources on France of the period.
And one third Regency England books.
And the last third is many, many refs on slang and dialect of the time.

I am not absolutely sure that just anybody can get into these spots. If you try, and you can't, let me know.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM

    I absolutely love Three Men in a Boat and have given many a copy as a gift. Montmorency is divine!


    Oh, and I just reread The Spymaster's Lady - and realized when Annique landed in England she was thinking of smugglers and mentioned her friend Josiah - ah so clever. I missed it the first time even though I'd read My Lord and Spymaster first.

    I can't wait for Maggie's story!

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Connie Willis' 'To Say Nothing of the Dog'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:15 PM

    I read the first few chapters, but honestly I couldn't get into it. I don't think I'm smart enough!!! What is a Bishop's Bird Stump?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. That was some kind of font or something. An architectural object anyhow ...

    And not everyone has to like every book. I found 'To Say Nothing Of' to be her most accessible. 'Doomsday Book' is beautifully written but harrowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bibliographies...SWOON!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, thank you so much. I hope you find them useful.

    ReplyDelete