Sunday, June 03, 2007

Day 34 of 123

I'm in Day 34 of the 123 days I had to finish the manuscript of Jess after ... well after whenever it was I decided I really had to enter the final stretch.

The good news is I'm finally past the breakfast table in Chapter Seven.
It's in final draft.
That was a really hard scene.

I'm not sure I have it right even now.

I just know that I've got past it and I'm still alive and I will hope the reader doesn't die of bordeom over the crumpets and tea.


The bad news is I'm way behind in my word count if I expect to get this done by October 1.

The good news is that I have a fairly easy stretch to get through next, which should generate lots of happy words.


Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
22,019 / 120,000
(18.3%)


JESSAMYN word count on rough draft


Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
34 / 123
(27.6%)


Days till deadline


(edited to add --- When this was happening, I kept track of the process day by day. A year later, I went back and pulled all that dullness out. You don't have to go through every inch of the plod and niggle. Lucky you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment