Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back to Anneka for a bit

The dog chewed through the sofa pillow tonight. I now have a sofa pillow with the edge chewed off. Ah. The house just gets homier every day.

I'm going to put JESSAMYN to one side for two weeks to do a quick polish of ANNEKA. We shall see.

This would make me all optimistic and productive again, except that I have an Attila the Hun of a cold.

It's cool to polish a ms you haven't looked at for a while.

It's like this -- Before I went to live in Africa, way back when, I put a lot of stuff into storage. (Actually I put a lot of stuff into storage I meant to take with me and vice versa because the moving company was staffed by cretins who mixed the boxes up.)
Anyhow, when I came back from being overseas I pulled my stuff out of the crate. I'd forgotten all these nifty things I owned. It was like being given boxes and boxes of presents by somebody who had exactly my taste.

(And, of course, I had all that toothpaste and shampoo and soap I'd meant to bring with me to Lagos.)

Picking up a manuscript after a couple months is like that. It's this real neat story, written just the way you'd write it. And you get to EDIT it.
So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment