Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Interviews in which I reveal many secrets

I did three interviews recently. 
One at USA Today Happily Ever After ...
with Keira Soleore

and one at All About Romance
with Dabney Grinnan.

And another one with Anne Gracie at Word Wenches. That one's at:

http://wordwenches.typepad.com/word_wenches/2017/08/beauty-like-the-night.html

I talk about the characters in the Spymaster Fictional Universe and what they're up to when they're not appearing in the books.

I say stuff like:

"He (Lazarus) gave up stealing women in 1812 after My Lord and Spymaster. You could say he’s reformed,"

"... as people of the future we know the British won. My characters don’t know that. The possibility of invasion and defeat is very real."

"When my agent went to publishers with Spymaster’s Lady and couldn’t sell it month after month, I’d take the dog for long walks, seeking out lonely, windswept paths around the suburbs, whimpering, “They were right. You can’t sell a story set in France,” and stuff like that there, rather than planning who should be the protagonist of book six."

so, since they are fascinating interviews, do go check them out.

In other news, 
This is not my turtle. This is someone else's rescue turtle.
I keep using wiki images, not having my own
I stopped this morning and picked up a box turtle that was about halfway across the Blue Ridge Parkway. I parked on the grass verge and picked it up. I carried it a mile or so south to a place that seemed better for its longevity.

Smallish box turtle. I don't know if that's the local breed or if it was a young and stupid turtle. No picture because I didn't think of it. I had not yet had my coffee.

My turtle ... shall we name it Helen ... had totally retreated into its shell and was sitting there in the middle of traffic. I dunnoh. Maybe it was trembling in fear. With turtles, it's hard to tell.

If I had cars whizzing past me I would curl up and do the same, but it is not a successful strategy when dealing with cars. This is a nature observation of wide applicability.

7 comments:

  1. I have very much enjoyed this series. Each book is on my keeper shelf. My only disappointment with Severine's book is that Justine and Maggie weren't in it. I am hoping that one of your novellas will feature them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a good idea -- doing something where The Women step to the front. I'll put that in the back of my mind ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to that book!

      Delete
  3. Women in front? That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writers never know what they end up writing, I think. But I try to write women at the center of the story. It's about the women, basically.

      Delete
  4. Glad you helped the poor little turtle and thanks for having your blog on you site and not on Facebook. Not all of us are on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I repeat postings -- cross posting from Word Wenches to FaceBook to my blog -- so everybody gets to see everything. *g*

      Delete