Saturday, August 16, 2008

Desert Island Keepers V

Marie Jolie said --

Oh well! I must contribute. If stranded. My DIKs would be. . .

1. Lamb: The gospel according to Biff Christ's childhood pal-- Chris Moore
2. The Viscount Who Loved Me-- Julia Quinn
3. Pride and Prejudice. . . I would re-read and envision a different Darcy each time. They are all so yummy.
4. The Complete works of William Shakespeare. . . The sonnets and the comedies would come in handy. . . and I'm sure the Tempest would feel most ironic and perhaps nervous that my island had a Caliban.
5. The Time Traveler's Wife--- Audrey Niffenegger
6.The Poisonwood Bible-- Barbara KingsolverSo I've got half fun half serious.

The first ... I have to admit, I've never heard of.

Time Traveler's Wife and Poisonwood Bible have been in my TBR pile for about a year. I'm really looking forward to them.
But when I look up from working and pull out a book to relax with ...
I pick something real thin and easy.

However, when I do get stranded on a desert island I'll finally have time to sit down and read them,
so maybe they should have been on my list.

Have you noticed that Caliban had all the good lines?
I see a great paranormal. Miranda and Caliban -- Now the story can be told.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:00 PM

    Dear Jo:
    This is too tempting to pass up, but I fear making my DIK list has exposed a nasty practical streak. I would pick:
    Kon-Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl - Very basic so I won't have to waste a book choice on a tool-building book.
    U.S. Army Survival Manual
    Persuasion by Miss Austen (THE BEST EVER)
    Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale - one of the first romance novels to just catapult me.
    The Complete Works of Robert Frost
    And a Blank Book so I might write. Otherwise, that way lies madness.
    Liz Baldwin

    ReplyDelete