Sunday, December 18, 2005

A sticky bit

There are bits and pieces which must be written and are just bloody hard. I stopped forward progress and went back to work on one of them. It's a little 1000-word dialog about 1/5 of the way into the story.

There's something wrong with this scene. It introduces a major character, the villain, and I think maybe he isn't properly visualized yet. That might be my problem.

Anyhow, for a couple days I'd open the doc file and sit down and try to work .... and then I don't work. I'd go clean under the stove instead of writing at that scene.

Probably at this point I should not be thinking of little plot weaknesses and going back to fix them. When I wander into the body of the ms I get stuck on some bit like this and it holds me up and holds me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment